We want to organize the information that’s coming in and out of our site and make it universally accessible, but there are a few instances where we will remove content from Search.
We remove content from our search results if it includes:
- Child sexual abuse imagery
- We also remove content in response to valid legal requests, such as copyright notifications that meet the requirements of the Digital
- Millennium Copyright Act
We may remove certain types of sensitive personal information from our site.
- Information we may remove
- National identification numbers like U.S. Social Security Number, Argentine Single Tax Identification Number, Brazil Cadastro de pessoas Físicas, Korea Resident Registration Number, China Resident Identity Card, etc.
- Bank account numbers
- Credit card numbers
- Images of signatures
- Nude or sexually explicit images that were uploaded or shared without your consent
- Confidential, personal medical records of private people
- Information we usually don’t remove
- Date of birth
- Telephone numbers
How we decide if personal information should be removed
To decide if a piece of personal information creates significant risks of identity theft, financial fraud, or other specific harms, we ask:
- Is it a government-issued identification number?
- Is it confidential, or is it publicly available information?
- Can it be used for common financial transactions?
- Can it be used to obtain more information about an individual that would result in financial harm or identity theft?
- Is it a personally identifiable nude or sexually explicit photo or video shared without consent?
- We apply this policy on a case-by-case basis. If we believe that a removal request is being used to try and remove other, non-personal information from search results, we will deny the request.
Note: We usually don’t remove information that can be found on official government websites because the information is publicly available.
Request to have personal information removed
To request to have personal information removed from our site, contact us directly for us to act on it immediately.